Lasersaur Laser Cutter
Lasersaur is an opensource laser cutter – the first in Toronto – built by our Maker community. Lasersaur was designed to fill the need of makers, artists and scientists who wanted a safe and highly capable machine that cuts and etches wood & leather into any 2D design.
Makerspace members can access the lasercutter 24/7, as well as the training on how to use it.
To have someone from the Tool Library make your project, send us your design and submit an order at Jen@TorontoToolLibrary.com.
Our Laser Cutter is accessible at our 1803 Danforth location.
- Maximum cut – 2′ x 4′ cutting bed
- Maximum thickness – 1/2″
- Submission should be in .svg or .dxf format
- Also accept .pdf, .dwg, .ai, .3dm
- Measurements preferred in Metrics
- Example of Design Format
- Wood (plywood, milled) & MDF
- Leathers & Textiles
- Paper, Cardboard & Hardboard
- NO METALS
- ETCHING ONLY: Glass, Marble & Stone
Tool Library Members and Non-Members
$15 Set-Up Fee*
MACHINE TIME: $40/HST per hour
MACHINE TIME: FREE (24/ 7 access)
* Set-up time est. 30min, exceeding time additional fees